First Home Buyers Course
Successful Ways has been helping First Home Buyers since 2003.
If you’re thinking of buying your first home or investment property and don’t know where to start, then do not miss this opportunity to gain the knowledge and confidence to buy your first home!
Scott Durrant is an industry expert guiding you through each step of the buying process and guarantees you’ll feel educated and have the total confidence to buy your first home – (please read student feedback from past courses)
[BRAND NEW ADDITION TO THE COURSE] – Be excited… we’ve recently added a second stage to the course, we call it our “First Home Buyers Plus Experience”, where all the information learned in stage 1 will be applied in real-life scenarios, through role playing, including a live auction at the end. – Worth the extra investment and time!
Taught by Scott Durrant, his straightforward no nonsense approach will guide you step by step through the process. He knows how to keep things humorous and interesting and at the right pace. Scott is open to questions and will share a bunch of real-life stories and anecdotes along the way.
It’s a great opportunity to enjoy and learn!
What you’ll learn during the First Home Buyers Course (Stage 1 – Theory):
- The entire buying process and how to get started
- Understand all the government grants and schemes available, including the stamp duty benefits
- The best way to structure your home loan
- How to buy your first home with a small deposit
- How to negotiate with real estate agents and the questions to ask
- How to exchange contracts – There are 2 ways! This is a must to learn
- How to avoid common and costly mistakes
- Where the market is heading and much much more!
What you’ll experience during the First Home Buyers Plus Experience (Stage 2 – Practical):
- What you’ve learned in theory during stage 1, will be applied in practice through real-life scenarios
- Experience the full pre-approval process prior to the live auction
- Coordinate with an actual solicitor to discuss the strata report and have the contract for sale explained to you
- Live communication with real estate agents
You can check out the detailed outline of the course below.
Full Course Outline (Stage 1 – Theory)
Understanding the first home owners grant and other benefits
- How to apply and qualify for the first time home owner grant
- How to maximise current stamp duty concessions and benefits available for first home buyers
- How the Government’s First Home Super Saver Scheme works to save a deposit through your superannuation fund
- Understand the First Home Loan Deposit Scheme
The home buying process
- Different buying processes: private treaty, auction and buying ‘off the plan’
- Understand the home loan and conveyancing process
- Understand the role of a Mortgage Broker, Buyer’s Agent and Solicitor and the major part they play in the buying process
- How to exchange contracts to secure the property in your favour
- ‘Gazumping’ and how to avoid this happening to you
Financing your first home
- What are the best home loans for first home buyers
- Guarantor loans and how to buy without a deposit
- What is the minimum deposit needed to buy a property
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and how this may affect your loan application
- Different home loan packages available
- How to pay off your home loan faster and reduce debt
- How the current interest rates affect the amount you can borrow or purchase
- The total costs and fees involved in the home buying process including hidden extras
- Submitting offers and where to start
- Professional negotiation techniques to purchase Real Estate below market price
- Real life examples of deals gone good and bad
- Best questions to ask real estate agents to get the answers you need (and how to get the agent on your side) – This learning session leads into stage 2 of the course
Market conditions and property value
- The current market situation and where it is heading
- Understand how properties are priced and valued
- How to buy a property that actually makes you money
- How to protect yourself against rising interest rates
- What gives value to Real Estate
- What a valuer looks for when assessing property
- Real life situations and how to avoid common pitfalls in the real estate market
Full Course Outline (Stage 2 – Practical)
Theory to practical
- Mock pre-approval, dealing with a mortgage broker to get your pre-approval in place. – (note: income will not be discussed)
- Work with a solicitor to discuss the contract for sale and strata report
- Live property search and using comparable sales reports to determine value and price
- Formulating the correct questions needed in communicating with the agent
- Live interaction with real estate agents to formulate the correct price and what it should sell for
- Mock auction applying the techniques learned in stage 1 – This is where you’ll register on the day so you can bid.
- Wrap up and discussion
Founder and Director, Scott Durrant, is a leading financial and property educator and has been advising first time home buyers and investors since 2003.
“We had an awesome time in your class. You shared details that we didn’t come across in any of our own online research. It was extremely informative, detailed, interesting and we absolutely needed that reassurance to get the ball rolling. We feel that we have a chance to one day start the process of buying a home”Stacey & Caden
What to do next?
- Book a course now!
- Look at available dates and book a course.
- Couples get 20% discount off their registration fee!
- Enter your promo code before checkout to redeem your discount.