Learn what you need to know before purchasing your first home.
1 Seat: $66.00
2 Seats: $110.00
3 Seats: $155.00
Thursday 15th June, 6:00pm-9:00pm
Tuesday 27th June, 5:30pm-9:00pm
First Home Buyer Course
Regardless of whether you’re a first home buyer or looking to buy your next investment property, education is crucial. The more information you have, the more likely you are to succeed.
During this 3-hour course, you’ll learn about the entire home buying process from getting pre-approval and choosing the best loan for you, right through to negotiating with real estate agents and the total costs involved with the purchase.
Founder and Director, Scott Durrant, is one of Australia’s leading financial educators and keynote speakers and has been advising first home buyers since 2003.
Scott’s classroom is fun and relaxed. He offers practical knowledge that could save first home buyers thousands of dollars, helping them become fully aware of the pitfalls and traps involved in the buying and negotiating process. The emphasis is on teaching from experience, which allows Scott to share what happens in real life. There is no text book teaching and plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
First Home Buyer – Course Outline
The home buying process
- Different buying processes: private treaty, auction and buying off the plan
- Understand the home loan and conveyancing process
- Understand the role of a Mortgage Broker, Buyer’s Agent and Solicitor and the major part they play in the buying process
- How to exchange contracts in NSW (Five-Day cooling off period and 66W Certificate)
- ‘Gamzumping’ and how to avoid this happening to you
Financing your first home
- First time buyer grants and what you may be eligible for
- Using superannuation to save for a deposit
- Guarantor loans and how to buy without a deposit
- How much deposit you need to buy a house
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and how this may affect your loan application
- Different home loan packages available
- How to pay off your home loan faster
- How the right financing can help you secure a deal
- The total costs and fees involved in the home buying process including hidden extras
- Professional negotiation techniques to purchase Real Estate below market price
- Real life examples of deals gone good and bad
- Questions to ask real estate agents to get the answers you need
- The current market situation and future direction
- How to buy a property that actually makes you money
- How to protect yourself against rising interest rates and falling markets
- What gives value to Real Estate for both units and houses
- What a Valuer looks for when assessing property
- Real life situations and how to avoid common pitfalls in the real estate market
Successful Ways First Home Buyer courses have helped thousands of people realise their dreams of owning a home and starting an investment portfolio.