Learn what you need to know before purchasing your first home.
1 Seat: $66.00
2 Seats: $110.00
3 Seats: $155.00
Saturday 4th August, 10:00am-1:00pm
Click the button below to see all upcoming course dates
First Time Home Buyers Course
Successful Ways has been educating First Home Buyers since 2003.
If you are thinking of buying your first home or investment property in 2018 and don’t know where to start – don’t miss this opportunity!
During this fun & entertaining seminar, you’ll learn about the entire home buying process from getting pre-approval and choosing the right loan for you, right through to negotiating with real estate agents and the new stamp duty benefits available for first home buyers.
This practical knowledge could save first home buyers thousands of dollars, helping them become fully aware of the pitfalls and traps involved in the buying and negotiating process.
During this fun and entertaining First Home Buyers Course, you’ll learn:
- The entire buying process and how to get started (first time home buyer help)
- How to make the most of the new stamp duty benefits
- How the Government’s First Time Home Super Saver Scheme works
- The best way to structure your home loan
- How to buy your first home with a small deposit
- How to negotiate with real estate agents
- How to exchange contracts in Sydney & NSW
- How to avoid common mistakes
- Real life examples from an industry professional
- Guarantor loans and much, much more!
“The concepts were well explained with supporting stories/examples. I found the course engaging and informative. Thanks for your time” — Warwick. S (February 2018)
Second Time Home Buyer?
If you think education is just for first-timers, think again. Real estate markets change, and so do home buying environments. It is worth considering taking a course each time you’re making a home purchase, especially if it has been a significant number of years between purchases. The home buying course can keep you up to date on what you’ll need to know this time around.
Get the information you need to confidently purchase property in Sydney
First Home Buyer – Full Course (Workshop) Outline
The home buying process
- Different buying processes: private treaty, auction and buying off the plan
- Understand the home loan and conveyancing process
- Understand the role of a Mortgage Broker, Buyer’s Agent and Solicitor and the major part they play in the buying process
- How to exchange contracts in NSW (Five-Day cooling off period and 66W Certificate)
- ‘Gamzumping’ and how to avoid this happening to you
Financing your first home
- How to make the most of the new stamp duty benefits available for first home buyers in NSW
- How the Government’s First Home Super Saver Scheme works to save a deposit through your superannuation fund
- Guarantor loans and how to buy without a deposit (this home buying seminar reveals all the best tips)
- How much deposit you need to buy a house
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and how this may affect your loan application
- Different home loan packages available (help for 1st time home buyers)
- How to pay off your home loan faster
- How the right financing can help you secure a deal (special mortgage programs for first time buyers
- The total costs and fees involved in the home buying process including hidden extras
- Professional negotiation techniques to purchase Real Estate below market price
- Real life examples of deals gone good and bad
- Questions to ask real estate agents to get the answers you need
- The current market situation and future direction
- How to buy a property that actually makes you money
- How to protect yourself against rising interest rates and falling markets
- What gives value to Real Estate for both units and houses
- What a Valuer looks for when assessing property
- Real life situations and how to avoid common pitfalls in the real estate market
Founder and Director, Scott Durrant, is one of Australia’s leading financial educators and keynote speakers and has been advising first time home buyers since 2003.
“I found Scott’s property seminars in Sydney to be extremely useful and helpful. The process of buying your first home is overwhelming and the seminar really helped us to understand the buying process. I even purchased a property shortly after attending.” – Kate.M (June 2017)