Learn what you need to know before purchasing your first home.
1 Seat: $66.00
2 Seats: $110.00
3 Seats: $155.00
Tuesday 1st August, 6:00pm-9:00pm
Click the button below to see all upcoming course dates
First Home Buyers Course
Buying your first home doesn’t have to be stressful. You just need the right information at your fingertips – to ensure you don’t end up with a loan you can’t afford and a house you paid too much for.
The Successful Ways First Home Buyers Course was designed to make buying your first home (or investment property) as exciting and stress-free as it should be.
During this fun and entertaining First Home Buyers Course, you’ll learn:
- The entire buying process and how to get started
- How to make the most of the new stamp duty benefits
- How the Government’s First Home Super Saver Scheme works
- The best way to structure your home loan
- How to buy with a small deposit
- How to negotiate with real estate agents
- How to exchange contracts in NSW
- How to avoid common mistakes
- Real life examples from an industry professional
- Guarantor loans and much, much more!
Get the information you need to confidently purchase your first home
Heard us on KIIS 106.5? Use promo code: RADIO for 50% off tickets!
*Limited time only
First Home Buyer courses are available in Sydney CBD, North Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong & Sutherland Shire
Founder and Director, Scott Durrant, is one of Australia’s leading financial educators and keynote speakers and has been advising first home buyers since 2003.
Scott’s classroom is fun and relaxed. He offers practical knowledge that could save first home buyers thousands of dollars, helping them become fully aware of the pitfalls and traps involved in the buying and negotiating process.
First Home Buyer – Full Course Outline
The home buying process
- Different buying processes: private treaty, auction and buying off the plan
- Understand the home loan and conveyancing process
- Understand the role of a Mortgage Broker, Buyer’s Agent and Solicitor and the major part they play in the buying process
- How to exchange contracts in NSW (Five-Day cooling off period and 66W Certificate)
- ‘Gamzumping’ and how to avoid this happening to you
Financing your first home
- How to make the most of the new stamp duty benefits available for first home buyers in NSW
- How the Government’s First Home Super Saver Scheme works to save a deposit through your superannuation fund
- Guarantor loans and how to buy without a deposit
- How much deposit you need to buy a house
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and how this may affect your loan application
- Different home loan packages available
- How to pay off your home loan faster
- How the right financing can help you secure a deal
- The total costs and fees involved in the home buying process including hidden extras
- Professional negotiation techniques to purchase Real Estate below market price
- Real life examples of deals gone good and bad
- Questions to ask real estate agents to get the answers you need
- The current market situation and future direction
- How to buy a property that actually makes you money
- How to protect yourself against rising interest rates and falling markets
- What gives value to Real Estate for both units and houses
- What a Valuer looks for when assessing property
- Real life situations and how to avoid common pitfalls in the real estate market
“I found Scott’s seminar to be extremely useful and helpful. The process of buying your first home is overwhelming and the seminar really helped us to understand the buying process. I even purchased a property shortly after attending.” – Kate.M (June 2017)